Audiobook Narration Workshop
Learn what it takes to be an audiobook narrator
February 16, 2014 • 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Join us for an audiobook workshop held in a nationally acclaimed full-service recording studio, presented by two experienced professionals currently working in the field. This is an opportunity to work on your skills in a recording session, not merely a classroom experience. If you’re interested in audiobook narration, this workshop is for you.
The Audiobook Workshop offers:
• Reading and recording using real narration scripts
• Receiving direction, playback and feedback
• Personalized advice based on your skill level
• Learning how audiobooks are produced
• Tips about production protocol
• An overview of the current state of the audiobook industry, and ideas for breaking into narration
If you are NEW to narration, you will:
• Learn the basic techniques of mic work
• Learn the basics of equipment for audiobook narration
• Learn and practice reading and interpreting scripts
• Gain practical experience behind the microphone
If you have experience with acting and/or voiceover, you will:
• Learn how audiobook narration style is unique
• Discover how to adapt your skills to this medium
• Increase and refine your skill level
This half-day (4+hour) workshop is limited to 8 participants. Deposit is required to secure your seat.
$200 per workshop, 50% deposit required. Credit card, check or cash.
Contact Don: 541-343-2692 or email@example.com
Don Ross is a Grammy-nominated recording engineer. National clients include: Sony Music, Universal-Motown, Columbia Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, New Line Cinema, Walt Disney Company, Fisher-Price, NPR, Yahoo!, and DRAFTFCB, Chicago. Don is a veteran engineer, producer, professional musician and voice talent. He was inducted into Oregon’s Music Hall of Fame in October 2011.
Heather Henderson is an audiobook narrator and voice talent with a 20-year career in literary and performing arts. From her home studio and Don Ross Productions, she has recorded books for Harper Audio, HighBridge, Blackstone, Oasis, eChristian, Audible.com, and others. Her narrations include the NYT bestseller Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan, and Sharon Creech’s The Boy on the Porch, which won an Earphones Award and was named one of the Best Children’s Audiobooks for 2013 by Audiofile Magazine. She holds a Doctor of Fine Arts degree from the Yale School of Drama and is a SAG-AFTRA union member.